Re: Useless "Replica Identity: NOTHING" noise from psql \d

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Useless "Replica Identity: NOTHING" noise from psql \d
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 01:35:20PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Why? CLUSTER, PRIMARY KEY, etc. are displayed all caps, and replica
> > > identity is similarly set via ALTER TABLE ... REPLICA IDENITY?
> >
> > Oh, good points;  I had not considered PRIMARY KEY.  Updated patch
> > attached.
>
> In the "INDEX" case, should the output mention specifically which index
> is being considered?

Ah, good idea.  Updated patch attached.  The output is now:

    test=> \d+ test
                             Table "public.test"
     Column |  Type   | Modifiers | Storage | Stats target | Description
     x      | integer | not null  | plain   |              |
        "test_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (x) REPLICA IDENTITY
        "i_test2" btree (x)
-->    Replica Identity: USING INDEX "test_pkey"
    Has OIDs: no

However, now that I look at it, it seems redundant as REPLICA IDENTITY
is already marked on the actual index.  Ideas?

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Вложения