Re: pg_archivecleanup bug

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pg_archivecleanup bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs escribió:
> On 18 March 2014 18:18, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 06:11:30PM +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:

> >> Why make style changes at all? A patch with no style changes would
> >> mean backpatch and HEAD versions would be the same.
> >
> > The old style had errno set in two places in the loop, while the new
> > style has it set in only one place.
>
> Seems better to leave the previously-good coding in place. ISTM to be
> clearer to use simple C.

If you're saying we should use that style in all readdir loops, with the
errno=0 before the loop and at the bottom of it, I don't disagree.
Let's just make sure they're all safe though (i.e. watch out for
"continue" for instance).

That said, I don't find comma expression to be particularly "not
simple".