Re: WTF

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: WTF
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> admin@noksfishes.com.ua writes:
> > configure:3161: checking for gcc
> > configure:3191: result: no
> > configure:3161: checking for cc
> > configure:3191: result: no
> > configure:3213: error: in `/home/rootparser/install/postgresql-9.2.6':
> > configure:3216: error: no acceptable C compiler found in SPATH
>
> It appears you don't have a C compiler installed.  It's possible
> that you do, but it's too confused to operate because of whatever
> is causing "arch" to spit up:
>
> > /bin/arch              = unknown
>
> /bin/arch should work on pretty much any Linux distro I know of.
> Weird environment settings perhaps?

Uhm.  In my machine, a similar Debian version, I don't have /bin/arch.
I have /usr/bin/arch, but it also spits when passed -k which is what his
log showed.  This is an extract of a working build's config.log:

/bin/arch              = unknown
/usr/bin/arch -k       = unknown

And when run directly in bash,

$ /bin/arch
-bash: /bin/arch: No such file or directory
$ which arch
/usr/bin/arch
$ /usr/bin/arch
x86_64
$ /usr/bin/arch -k
/usr/bin/arch: invalid option -- 'k'
Try `/usr/bin/arch --help' for more information.

So "arch" is not the issue.

$ uname -a
Linux eldon 3.12.8 #4 SMP Thu Jan 16 10:48:05 CLST 2014 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ cat /etc/debian_version
7.3