Re: WTF

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WTF
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> /bin/arch should work on pretty much any Linux distro I know of.
>> Weird environment settings perhaps?

> Uhm.  In my machine, a similar Debian version, I don't have /bin/arch.
> I have /usr/bin/arch, but it also spits when passed -k which is what his
> log showed.

Huh, OK, I was just surprised by all the "unknown"s --- but on closer
look, a lot of those are clearly only expected to succeed on specific
platforms.

So I think it comes down to "you didn't install a C compiler".  Most
likely there's no development environment at all, and what configure
will complain about next is lack of header files and libraries.