Re: BUG #8376: Doc update: CREATE ROLE

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #8376: Doc update: CREATE ROLE
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Aug  8, 2013 at 10:24:37AM +0000, bughunt@gluino.name wrote:

> Bug reference:      8376
> Logged by:          David Tonhofer
> Email address:      bughunt@gluino.name
> PostgreSQL version: 9.2.4
> Operating system:   Linux
>
> At: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/sql-createrole.html
>

> 1) Description of how to set "ROLCATUPDATE" is missing (if there is such an
> option)

Uh, that is one of those system catalog fields that is auto-populated
based on whether you are a super-user, and to change it you have to
update the system catalogs.  Should we mention that?

> 2) The option 'VALID UNTIL' should mention:
>    a) The special value 'infinity', which
>       seems to be equal to NULL

Well, infinity and NULL behave the same, but I am thinking we are best
to recommend NULL for its simplicity.

>    b) The fact that validity applies to
>       the password and thus does not
>       affect logins done by other means
>       than passwords.

Where did you see that was not clearly specified?

  + Everyone has their own god. +