Re: Patch: Show process IDs of processes holding a lock; show relation and tuple infos of a lock to acquire

От Christian Kruse
Тема Re: Patch: Show process IDs of processes holding a lock; show relation and tuple infos of a lock to acquire
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

attached you will find a new version of the patch containing more
comments.

On 22/01/14 12:00, Tom Lane wrote:
> > This ngettext() call is repeated four times in the new code, which is a
> > bit annoying because it's not trivial.  I think you could assign the
> > ngettext() to a char * at the bottom of the loop, and then in the
> > ereport() calls use it:
>
> Would that not break the compiler's ability to verify the format codes
> in the string?  Not to mention make it harder for people to compare
> format to arguments, too?

I agree.

> However, the real problem here is that you shouldn't be calling ngettext
> manually in an ereport context in the first place.  There is
> infrastructure in place for that, and this isn't using it.

Fixed in attached patch. I changed it from calling
errorcontext(ngettext()) to calling errdetail_plural().

Best regards,

--
 Christian Kruse               http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Вложения