Re: Patch: Show process IDs of processes holding a lock; show relation and tuple infos of a lock to acquire

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Patch: Show process IDs of processes holding a lock; show relation and tuple infos of a lock to acquire
Дата
Ответ на Re: Patch: Show process IDs of processes holding a lock; show relation and tuple infos of a lock to acquire  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Ответы Re: Patch: Show process IDs of processes holding a lock; show relation and tuple infos of a lock to acquire  (Christian Kruse <christian@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> This ngettext() call is repeated four times in the new code, which is a
> bit annoying because it's not trivial.  I think you could assign the
> ngettext() to a char * at the bottom of the loop, and then in the
> ereport() calls use it:

Would that not break the compiler's ability to verify the format codes
in the string?  Not to mention make it harder for people to compare
format to arguments, too?

However, the real problem here is that you shouldn't be calling ngettext
manually in an ereport context in the first place.  There is
infrastructure in place for that, and this isn't using it.