Re: TODO : Allow parallel cores to be used by vacuumdb [ WIP ]

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: TODO : Allow parallel cores to be used by vacuumdb [ WIP ]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Euler Taveira wrote:
> On 08-11-2013 06:20, Dilip kumar wrote:
> > On 08 November 2013 13:38, Jan Lentfer
> >

> >> For this use case, would it make sense to queue work (tables) in order of their size, starting on the largest
one?

> >> For the case where you have tables of varying size this would lead to a reduced overall processing time as it
preventslarge (read: long processing time) tables to be processed in the last step. While processing large tables at
firstand filling up "processing slots/jobs" when they get free with smaller tables one after the other would safe
overallexecution time.

> > Good point, I have made the change and attached the modified patch.
> >
> Don't you submit it for a CF, do you? Is it too late for this CF?

Not too late.