Re: Display oprcode and its volatility in \do+

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Display oprcode and its volatility in \do+
Дата
Re: Display oprcode and its volatility in \do+  (Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to> writes:
> On 1/16/14 9:53 AM, Rushabh Lathia wrote:
>> Even I personally felt the Function and Volatility is nice to have info
>> into \do+.

FWIW, I'm on board with the idea of printing the oprcode, but adding
volatility here seems like probably a waste of valuable terminal width.
I think that the vast majority of operators have immutable or at worst
stable underlying functions, so this doesn't seem like the first bit
of information I'd need about the underlying function.  And why print
this but not, say, security, owner, source code, or other columns
shown in \df?  ISTM the value of this addition is to give you what
you need to go look in \df, not to try to substitute for that.