Re: new json funcs

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: new json funcs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> >Is it just me, or is the json_array_element(json, int) function not
> >documented?
>
> As discussed at the time, we didn't document the functions
> underlying the json operators, just the operators themselves.

Oh, I see.  That's fine with me.  From the source code it's hard to see
when a SQL-callable function is only there to implement an operator,
though (and it seems a bit far-fetched to suppose that the developer
will think, upon seeing an undocumented function, "oh this must
implement some operator, I will look it up at pg_proc.h").

I think the operator(s) should be mentioned in the comment on top of the
function.