Re: branching for 9.2devel

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: branching for 9.2devel
Дата
Re: branching for 9.2devel  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 04/25/2011 03:30 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> *Ouch*.  Really?  It's hard to believe that anyone would consider it
>> remotely usable for more than toy-sized projects, if you have to list
>> all the typedef names on the command line.

> Looks like BSD does the same. It's just that we hide it in pgindent:

Oh wow, I never noticed that.  That's going to be a severe problem for
the "run it anywhere" goal.  The typedefs list is already close to 32K,
and is not going anywhere but up.  There are already platforms on which
a shell command line that long will fail, and I think once we break past
32K we might find it failing on even pretty popular ones.