Re: Useless "Replica Identity: NOTHING" noise from psql \d

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Useless "Replica Identity: NOTHING" noise from psql \d
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2013-12-14 17:43:36 +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2013-12-14 11:27:53 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > In HEAD:
> >
> > regression=# \d pg_depend
> >    Table "pg_catalog.pg_depend"
> >    Column    |  Type   | Modifiers
> > -------------+---------+-----------
> >  classid     | oid     | not null
> >  objid       | oid     | not null
> >  objsubid    | integer | not null
> >  refclassid  | oid     | not null
> >  refobjid    | oid     | not null
> >  refobjsubid | integer | not null
> >  deptype     | "char"  | not null
> >     "pg_depend_depender_index" btree (classid, objid, objsubid)
> >     "pg_depend_reference_index" btree (refclassid, refobjid, refobjsubid)
> > Replica Identity: NOTHING
> >
> > Where did that last line come from, and who thinks it's so important
> > that it should appear by default?  It seems absolutely content-free
> > even if I were using whatever feature it refers to, since it is
> > (I presume) the default state.
>
> Hm. Yes, that's slightly inellegant. It's shown because it's not
> actually the normal default normal tables. Just for system tables. Maybe
> we should just set it to default (in pg_class) for system tables as
> well, and just change it in the relcache.

Hm. I don't like that choice much after thinking for a bit. Seems to
make querying the catalog unneccessarily complex.
How about making it conditional on the table's namespace instead? That
will do the wrong thing if somebody moves a table to pg_catalog and
configures a replica identity, but I think we can live with that, given
how many other things work strangely around that.

Patch attached.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Вложения