Re: [RFC] Shouldn't we remove annoying FATAL messages from server log?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [RFC] Shouldn't we remove annoying FATAL messages from server log?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2013-12-07 13:58:11 +0000, Greg Stark wrote:
> FATAL means a backend died. It is kind of vague how FATAL and PANIC
> differ.

I don't really see much vagueness there. FATAL is an unexpected but
orderly shutdown. PANIC is for the situations where we can't handle the
problem that occurred in any orderly way.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

Сообщение: Re: [RFC] Shouldn't we remove annoying FATAL messages from server log?
Сообщение: Re: [RFC] Shouldn't we remove annoying FATAL messages from server log?