Re: [GENERAL] pg_upgrade ?deficiency

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] pg_upgrade ?deficiency
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 01:55:10PM -0800, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:
>
> This covers pg_dumpall globals.  Tested with a read-only postgres
> database and with default_transaction_read_only = on in the
> postgresql.conf file.
>
> It does nothing about pg_upgrade, which is sort of a separate
> issue.  My inclination is that connections to the new cluster
> should set this and connections to the old should not.

I have fixed pg_upgrade in git-head with the attached patch, which
prepends default_transaction_read_only=false to PGOPTIONS.  I prepended
rather than appended because if PGOPTIONS had
default_transaction_read_only=true, I didn't want to override that.

While pg_dumpall would override that, that is more of an implementation
detail of having to set the value at the session level, rather than a
desired behavior.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Extension Templates S03E11
Сообщение: Re: Extension Templates S03E11