Re: non consistent? mixed version setup of binaries

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: non consistent? mixed version setup of binaries
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Wim Bertels 2013-10-06 <1381053296.4771.15.camel@zwerfkat>
> Hallo,
>
> using the apt.postgresql.org repo on debian stable, with versions 8.4 to
> 9.3 installed,
> my psql version reports as 9.3
> while my pg_dump version reports as 9.1
>
> eg:
> ROOT@server:/var/lib/postgresql# psql --version
> psql (PostgreSQL) 9.3.0
> ROOT@server:/var/lib/postgresql# pg_dump --version
> pg_dump (PostgreSQL) 9.1.9

Hi Wim,

this is expected. pg_wrapper will always redirect psql to the latest
version installed because it's downwards compatible, while directing
all other wrapped commands to the cluster you have selected.

9.1 seems to be the one on port 5432, so that's your default.

> so a standard pg_dump on a 9.3 database will fail,
> while a standard psql command will succeed;
> which seems inconsistent
>
> (the workarounc solution is in the case to use the full path to call the
> command)

You should be using pg_dump --cluster 9.3/main .

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/