Re: port _srv.o makefile rules don't observe dependency tracking

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: port _srv.o makefile rules don't observe dependency tracking
Дата
Re: port _srv.o makefile rules don't observe dependency tracking  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Excerpts from Peter Eisentraut's message of mar may 01 15:30:25 -0400 2012:
>> Instead, I thought this could easily be fixed by writing this:
>>
>> %_srv.o: %.c %.o
>>    $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(subst -DFRONTEND,, $(CPPFLAGS)) -c $< -o $@
>>
>> A bit hacky, but should get quite robust results.

> So basically to build the _srv.o file you first need to build the .o?
> Since both files need to be built anyway, I don't think this is a
> problem.

Are there, or might there be in the future, any "port" files that only
exist in server flavor and not client-side flavor?  It doesn't seem
terribly unlikely to me.  This is a cute hack but it assumes that
everything in that directory can and should be built both ways.