Re: port _srv.o makefile rules don't observe dependency tracking

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: port _srv.o makefile rules don't observe dependency tracking
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Peter Eisentraut's message of mar may 01 15:30:25 -0400 2012:

> Instead, I thought this could easily be fixed by writing this:
>
> %_srv.o: %.c %.o
>         $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(subst -DFRONTEND,, $(CPPFLAGS)) -c $< -o $@
>
> A bit hacky, but should get quite robust results.

So basically to build the _srv.o file you first need to build the .o?
Since both files need to be built anyway, I don't think this is a
problem.

There's the slight disadvantage that if you say "make -j" you only get
21 concurrent gcc processes instead of 40-some, but I doubt this is a
problem in practice, either.