Re: strange IS NULL behaviour

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: strange IS NULL behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep  9, 2013 at 12:37:25PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> >> Why don't you add the proposal to the commitfest?
> >
> > This issue is so much larger than the patch's validity that I don't see
> > how that would work.
>
> I hate to be rude here, but I think you're being ridiculous.  We have
> a well-established procedure for getting patches reviewed around here,
> and while it is not perfect, it mostly works.  If you try that
> procedure and it doesn't work, then I think you have a right to
> complain.  But to object, on the one hand, that people aren't going to
> look at the patch, and then to refuse to add it to the tracking tool
> that the project uses to ensure that patches get looked at, seems
> patently unfair.

The problem is that I don't believe this patch is commit-ready ---
someone needs to research the IS NULL tests in all areas of our code to
see if they match this patch, and I can't do that.  Is that something a
reviewer is going to be willing to do?  I don't think I have ever seen a
commit-fest item that still required serious research outside the patch
area before committing.  I could ask just for feedback, but I have
already received enough feedback to know I can't get the patch to a
ready-enough state.

I think requiring commit-fest reviewers come to the same conclusion is
just making extra work for them.  Still, if you want me to add it to the
next commit-fest, please let me know.

http://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: file_fdw target file ownership
Сообщение: Re: file_fdw target file ownership