Re: How was I able to drop a role even though objects depend on it?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: How was I able to drop a role even though objects depend on it?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Wojciechowski, Robert (GE Transportation) wrote:
> I’ve noticed a weird situation on one of our development servers running PostgreSQL 9.1.3 where roles have been
droppedeven though objects depend on that user. I didn’t think that was possible due to the dependency checks on DROP
USER/ROLE.For example, there is a database that shows this connect grant to a user that was known as foo1_userA (oid
3562339547):3562339547=c/postgres This happened after a nightly database import script was run that takes in new clone
databasesfrom production. After the script imports new databases another script runs that drop all users matching a
regex(/^foo1_user/ for example) to clear out stale users. This obviously should succeed dropping a user that does not
havedependent objects and should fail on users that do. For some this is not holding true. Is this a bug? Am I relying
toomuch on DROP USER/ROLE? Any alternative approaches to clearing out users that do not have dependent objects or
guidanceon debugging this situation would be much appreciated! -- Robert

It sounds like a bug to me.  Can you provide a self-contained reproducer
of this?  It'd be useful to know what kind of objects (should have)
depended on that user, for instance.

От: "Wojciechowski, Robert (GE Transportation)"
Сообщение: How was I able to drop a role even though objects depend on it?
От: Marcos Cano
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade / postgis issue