Re: FILTER for aggregates [was Re: Department of Redundancy Department: makeNode(FuncCall) division]

От David Fetter
Тема Re: FILTER for aggregates [was Re: Department of Redundancy Department: makeNode(FuncCall) division]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 12:10:25AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> David Fetter escribió:
> > On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 08:59:27PM +0100, Dean Rasheed wrote:
>
> > > In my testing of sub-queries in the FILTER clause (an extension
> > > to the spec), I was able to produce the following error:
> >
> > Per the spec,
> >
> > B) A <filter clause> shall not contain a <query expression>, a
> > <window function>, or an outer reference.
>
> If this is not allowed, I think there should be a clearer error
> message.  What Dean showed is an internal (not user-facing) error
> message.

Folding to lower isn't allowed by the spec either, and then there's
the matter of arrays...

Before going to lots of trouble to figure out how to throw an error
that says, "only the spec and no further," I'd like to investigate how
to make this work.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!