Re: Request for Patch Feedback: Lag & Lead Window Functions Can Ignore Nulls

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Request for Patch Feedback: Lag & Lead Window Functions Can Ignore Nulls
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2013-06-20 at 10:03 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> I think the question is whether this feature is really worth adding
> new reserved keywords for.  I have a hard time saying we shouldn't
> support something that's part of the SQL standard, but personally,
> it's not something I've seen come up prior to this thread.

What's the next step here?

The feature sounds useful to me. If the grammar is unacceptable, does
someone have an alternative idea, like using new function names instead
of grammar? If so, what are reasonable names to use?

Also, I think someone mentioned this already, but what about
first_value() and last_value()? Shouldn't we do those at the same time?

Regards,Jeff Davis