Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 05:04:15PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Do we usually repeat the changes listed in the backwards
> > compatibility section later, in the "Changes" section? If not, then
> > instead of the first two items above, let's just have these in the
> > backwards-compatibility section:
>
> We do not repeat the incompatibile items later in release notes.  I have
> added some of your text to one of the items, and added a mention that
> tooling will need adjustment.  Please check the post-commit version and
> let me know about adjustments.

Let me clarify --- changes to our WAL binary format and source code
changes are not really incompatibilities from a user perspective as we
never promise to do our best to minimize such changes  --- m eaning the
fact the WAL format changed is something that would be only in the
source code section and not in the "incompatibilities section"  ---
incompatibilities are related to change in user experience or
documented-API changes.

http://enterprisedb.com