Re: tables mysteriously truncated

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: tables mysteriously truncated
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Gabriel E. Sánchez Martínez" escribió:
> I will try to make these tables logged and see if they withstand the
> test of time.  Are crashes and unclean shutdowns logged anywhere?  I
> would like to see why I might be getting them.  I have not had to
> manually restart the database, if that were an indication of a
> crash.

Yes, crashes are logged in the server log.  There's support for
automatic recovery and restart after a crash, so it's quite plausible
that you're not seeing anything if you're not paying attention.
Sessions that were running prior to the crash are terminated, though, so
if you keep connections open, you'd notice because they would no longer
work.

Crashes should certainly not happen routinely.  If they are, you have a
problem that's worth investigating.