CREATE TABLE LIKE and tablespaces

От David F. Skoll
Тема CREATE TABLE LIKE and tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have an application that creates a daily table from a "prototype"
table, so something like:

CREATE TABLE data_20130226 LIKE data_prototype INCLUDING DEFAULTS INCLUDING CONSTRATINTS INCLUDING INDEXES;

It would be really nice to be able to add:

INCLUDING TABLESPACE

so that the daily table goes into the same table space as the prototype
table.  I can give a specific "TABLESPACE tablespace" clause, but then my
application needs to be aware that data_prototype is not in the default
tablespace.  Ideally, I'd like the admin to be able to move data_prototype
into an alternate tablespace and have all the daily tables be created
in that same tablespace.

I suppose similar comments apply to INHERITS.

Thoughts?

Regards,

David.