Re: ALTER command reworks

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: ALTER command reworks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kohei KaiGai escribió:
> 2013/1/15 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>:
> > Kohei KaiGai escribió:
> >
> >> The attached patch is a rebased version towards the latest master
> >> branch, and fix up the issue around error messages on name conflicts.
> >
> > I assume the lock.c changes are just a bollixed merge, right?
> >
> Yes, I'll check it and rebase it.

Wait for a bit before publishing a new version -- I'm going to push the
other patch so that you can merge on top.

Note that I'm going to commit a new function like this:

/** Raise an error to the effect that an object of the given name is already* present in the given namespace.*/
static void
report_namespace_conflict(Oid classId, const char *name, Oid nspOid)
{char   *msgfmt;
Assert(OidIsValid(nspOid));

For this patch you will need to create a separate function which does
the conflicting-name report for objects that are not in a namespace.
Mixing both in-schema and schemaless objects in the same report function
seems messy to me.