Re: pg_upgrade problem with invalid indexes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade problem with invalid indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec  7, 2012 at 07:49:14PM +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2012-12-07 10:44:53 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >
> > > I wonder though if we shouldn't ignore !indislive indexes in pg_dump
> > > (and the respective bw-compat hack).
>
> Obviously I wanted to ask whether we *should* ignore them in the future.
>
> > Quite likely we shouldn't.  However, that is why it wasn't considered a
> > problem.
>
> !indislive indexes are created during DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY. Thats a
> different case than CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY. Accessing their
> definition is actually problematic because i can vanish while youre
> examing it which could cause errors both in the backend and in pg_dump.

Is that something pg_upgrade need to worry about too?  Is
pg_index.indisvalid the only thing pg_upgrade need to check?

http://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade problem with invalid indexes
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade problem with invalid indexes