Re: pg_upgrade problem with invalid indexes

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: pg_upgrade problem with invalid indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Dec  6, 2012 at 09:45:11PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > Or preserve it as-is.  I don't really like the 'make them fix it'
> > option, as a user could run into that in the middle of a planned upgrade
> > that had been tested and never had that come up.
>
> They would get the warning during pg_upgrade --check, of course.

Sure, if they happened to have a concurrent index creation going when
they ran the check...  But what if they didn't and it only happened to
happen during the actual pg_upgrade?  I'm still not thrilled with this
idea of making the user have to abort in the middle to address something
that, really, isn't a big deal to just preserve and deal with later...Thanks,
    Stephen