Re: pg_upgrade problem with invalid indexes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade problem with invalid indexes
Дата
Re: pg_upgrade problem with invalid indexes
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec  6, 2012 at 09:35:19PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > There are a few possible fixes.  The first would be to have pg_upgrade
> > throw an error on any invalid index in the old cluster.  Another option
> > would be to preserve the invalid state in pg_dump --binary-upgrade.
>
> Yet another option would be for pg_dump --binary-upgrade to ignore
> invalid indexes altogether (and probably "not ready" indexes, too, not
> sure).

Yes, I thought of not dumping it.  The problem is that we don't delete
the index when it fails, so I assumed we didn't want to lose the index
creation information.  I need to understand why we did that.  Why do we
have pg_dump dump the index then?

http://enterprisedb.com