Re: --single-transaction hack to pg_upgrade does not work

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: --single-transaction hack to pg_upgrade does not work
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2012-12-01 14:31:03 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On 2012-12-01 12:14:37 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> It could do with some comments ;-)
>
> > Hehe, yes. Hopefully this version has enough of that.
>
> Hm, maybe too many --- I don't really think it's necessary for utility.c
> to provide a redundant explanation of what's happening.

Yea, was in doubt about that. Added it because it felt a bit strange
to pass down isTopLevel.

> Committed with adjustments --- mainly, the
> TransactionIdIsCurrentTransactionId test was flat out wrong, because it
> would accept a parent transaction ID as well as a subcommitted
> subtransaction ID.  We could safely allow the latter, but I don't think
> it's worth the trouble to add another xact.c test function.

Yea, I plainly oversaw that it would be 'dangerous' for a toplevel txn
if a subtransaction aborts. I don't really see a usecase for supporting
subtxns either, so the current GetCurrentTransactionId() seems sensible.

Thanks.

Andres

--Andres Freund                       http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training &
Services