Re: Postgresql-8.4: File System Level Backup (& recovery failure)

От Ennio-Sr
Тема Re: Postgresql-8.4: File System Level Backup (& recovery failure)
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
* Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [201112, 19:42]:
> Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it> writes:
> > "less /bkupdir/var/lib/postgresql/8.4/main/postmaster.opts":
> > /usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/bin/postgres "-D" "/var/lib/postgresql/8.4/main" \
> >              "-c" "config_file=/etc/postgresql/8.4/main/postgresql.conf" \
> >          "-c" "external_pid_file=/var/run/postgresql/8.4-main.pid"
> >                ????????????????
>
> It's not real clear to me whether this is the archive copy or the
> copied-back file tree that you're trying to use;

It's the backup copy I made to a usb disk (mounted on /mnt/wd2); so
there should be no external_pid_file?

> but if it's the
> latter it's not good that the -D switch doesn't match where the
> files are.  It looks like you are trying to use one of the packagings
> that claims to support multiple PG versions concurrently; if so it
> may be that you have to put the copied-back file tree exactly where
> the package scripts think it should be.

I'm using GNU/Linux Debian Squeeze postgresql-8.4.
After the removal of postgresql-client-9.1 I had to reinstall the Squeeze
distro and during re-installation I choose to re-format the partition
relative to /var: so, if  the copied back files have to be in the same
physical place there is no hope...

> > # pg_createcluster -D /dbase -start 8.4 new
> > the subdir 'new' was not added to /dbase?
>
> You certainly do *not* want to use createcluster after you've copied
> back the archived file tree.  Just start the postmaster.

But this is exactly what I found on the docs..
It seems strange to me that while the /var/lib/postgresql/8.4/ location
gets a subdir 'main', the newly created '/dbase' (in the root fs) does
not create any such dir as the name given to the new cluster (i.e.
'new')

I'llb back within 2 or 3 hours..
Regards, ennio

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.   \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"  (diceva Henry Miller) ]    (°|°)