Re: Postgresql-8.4: File System Level Backup (& recovery failure)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgresql-8.4: File System Level Backup (& recovery failure)
Дата
Re: Postgresql-8.4: File System Level Backup (& recovery failure)
Список pgsql-novice
Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it> writes:
> Perusing the files in the 'imported' directory I saw something that
> could be stramge:
> (The command was:
> "less /bkupdir/var/lib/postgresql/8.4/main/postmaster.opts":
> /usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/bin/postgres "-D" "/var/lib/postgresql/8.4/main" \
>              "-c" "config_file=/etc/postgresql/8.4/main/postgresql.conf" \
>          "-c" "external_pid_file=/var/run/postgresql/8.4-main.pid"
>                ????????????????

It's not real clear to me whether this is the archive copy or the
copied-back file tree that you're trying to use; but if it's the
latter it's not good that the -D switch doesn't match where the
files are.  It looks like you are trying to use one of the packagings
that claims to support multiple PG versions concurrently; if so it
may be that you have to put the copied-back file tree exactly where
the package scripts think it should be.

> PS: How is it that when I created the new cluster in the brand new
> directory '/dbase/ whith the command:
> # pg_createcluster -D /dbase -start 8.4 new
> the subdir 'new' was not added to /dbase?

You certainly do *not* want to use createcluster after you've copied
back the archived file tree.  Just start the postmaster.

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql-8.4: File System Level Backup (& recovery failure)
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql-8.4: File System Level Backup (& recovery failure)