Re: BUG #7657: Create Table doesn't create columns

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: BUG #7657: Create Table doesn't create columns
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 10:00:08AM -0600, Matthew Kuss wrote:
> Depesz -
>
> I'm fairly sure it's not a problem with something I'm doing wrong
> because I've used the same code before. It has to be something wrong
> on the DB side. But just to entertain you I did as you requested:
>
> RigMinder_NewDBTest02=# \d test
>     Table "public.test"
>  Column | Type | Modifiers
> --------+------+-----------
>

> RigMinder_NewDBTest02=#
>
> Before I ran this I created a table using the following:
>
> create table "test" ("column1" text, "column2" float);
>
> It ran without any errors. Yesterday after I sent out the help request
> I uninstalled postgresql and installed version 9.0.10 and I'm having
> the same problem. It does look like it only occurs when my logging
> package is running. Ie if I shut it down, I can create tables in
> pgAdmin, but as soon as my program is running, I get the errors
> described above. Any other ideas on how to fix this?

What "logging package"?
From what you describe, it looks that it interferes, which would clearly
suggest that it's the guilty part.

I did create the table you said, and it works without any problems:

(depesz@[local]:5920) 17:05:00 [depesz]
$ create table "test" ("column1" text, "column2" float);
CREATE TABLE
(depesz@[local]:5920) 17:05:05 [depesz]
$ \d test
          Table "public.test"
 Column  |       Type       | Modifiers
---------+------------------+-----------
 column1 | text             |
 column2 | double precision |

I know that this is not helpful, but as you said - when you remove your
program from the situation, everything works ok. check then what the
program does.

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/