Re: Does PostgreSQL have complete functional test cases?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Does PostgreSQL have complete functional test cases?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tianyin Xu wrote:
> Ok, I agree that "2147483647" is not a reasonable setting. But what's the
> definition of "reasonable"? I just want to study the impact of the setting
> so I test the big number first.

Please don't top-post.

Those values are not wrong.  They just don't match what our current
testing framework expects.  Whether the generated plans are sensible or
not is entirely another question; the queries should still return the
same resultsets.  Ordering of tuples within the resultset shouldn't
matter, but the test framework is not smart enough to compare them
that way.

> When you give users the flexibility of configurations, you cannot say all
> the values mismatching with your expectations are not allowed. In fact the
> system allowed such settings.

Sure.