Re: pg_upgrade from 9.1.3 to 9.2 failed

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade from 9.1.3 to 9.2 failed
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 11:53:38PM +0800, Rural Hunter wrote:
> >>Performing Upgrade
> >>------------------
> >>Analyzing all rows in the new cluster                       ok
> >>Freezing all rows on the new cluster                        ok
> >>Deleting files from new pg_clog                             ok
> >>Copying old pg_clog to new server                           ok
> >>Setting next transaction ID for new cluster                 ok
> >>Resetting WAL archives                                      ok
> >>Setting frozenxid counters in new cluster                   ok
> >>Creating databases in the new cluster                       ok
> >>Adding support functions to new cluster                     ok
> >>Restoring database schema to new cluster                    ok
> >>Removing support functions from new cluster                 ok
> >>Copying user relation files
> >>   /raid/pgsql/base/6087920/6088238
> >>old and new databases "testdb" have a different number of relations
> >>Failure, exiting
> >
> >That is an odd failure.  That check was added in PG 9.1 and this is the
> >first time I am seeing this failure.
> >
> >The check is to make sure that once we have created all the user schema
> >details in the new cluster, that there are the same number of objects in
> >the new and old databases.
> >
> >Obviously there are a different number in your case here, but I don't
> >know why those would be different, and in fact, because we have never
> >hit this, there isn't even any debug output that shows the source of the
> >difference.
> >
> >If I send you a patch can you compile it and send back the debug output
> >it produces?
> >

> Yes sure, I will try to compile and retest with it.

Actually, I have a simpler idea.  At the point where it fails, you can
run pg_dump --schema-only on the testdb database in the old and new
cluster and then diff those output files and email the result to us;  it
should show the mismatch.  I am not sure if the dumps will output the
objects in the same order, it might.