Re: what is maximum allowed value of autovacuum_freeze_max_age

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: what is maximum allowed value of autovacuum_freeze_max_age
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 10:13:38PM -0500, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Radovan Jablonovsky  wrote:
>
> > In documentation
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/routine-vacuuming.html
> > is this information about autovacuum_freeze_max_age: "if
> > autovacuum_freeze_max_age is set to its maximum allowed value of a
> > little less than two billion". What is exact maximum allowed value
> > of autovacuum_freeze_max_age?
>
> test=# select name, setting, min_val, max_val
> test-#   from pg_settings where name = 'autovacuum_freeze_max_age';
>            name            |  setting  |  min_val  |  max_val
>  autovacuum_freeze_max_age | 200000000 | 100000000 | 2000000000
> (1 row)
>
> Perhaps we should drop "a little less than" from the docs.

Agreed.  My guess it they were really talking about the 2-billion that
is a power of 2, but I think just saying 2 billlion is better.

Сообщение: Re: Problem with pg_upgrade 9.2 on Windows
Сообщение: Re: Problem with pg_upgrade 9.2 on Windows