Re: Notify system doesn't recover from "No space" error

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: Notify system doesn't recover from "No space" error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Tom Lane 2012-06-29 <8308.1340933751@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> in async.c that would try to create the missing page.  This error will
> persist until the server is restarted (thus resetting the state of
> pg_notify), even if the underlying disk-full condition is cleared.

Thanks for digging into this and providing a patch. I've applied it to
9.1.4-2 here, and now the server recovers more gracefully from the
error: (sorry for the German locale, the error is ENOSPC)

2012-07-02 17:45:59 CEST FEHLER:  konnte auf den Status von Transaktion 0 nicht zugreifen
2012-07-02 17:45:59 CEST DETAIL:  Konnte nicht in Datei »pg_notify/0000« bei Position 32768 schreiben: Auf dem Gerät
istkein Speicherplatz mehr verfügbar.
2012-07-02 17:45:59 CEST ANWEISUNG:  commit

A subsequent "notify foobar" command did succeed after clearing the
disk space.

What is still puzzling me is that the customer is repeatedly reporting
these issues, even after rebooting the system. I am not 100% sure at
which point the disk full situation was resolved, but at least it
sounds like that problem would reappear after restarts. I will need to
get more detailed reports on the order of events there to make sure.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/