Re: Single-Transaction Utility options

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Single-Transaction Utility options
Дата
Re: Single-Transaction Utility options  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-patches
> On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 20:03 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I meant to ask, why is this not the default or only behavior?

> Historically, it didn't work that way, so I hadn't thought to change
> that behaviour. We could I suppose... but I'm happy with just an option
> to do --single-transaction.

I believe Peter's question was rhetorical: what he meant to point out
is that the documentation needs to explain what is the reason for having
this switch, ie, in what cases would you use it or not use it?
Just saying what it does isn't really adequate docs.

Сообщение: Re: Single-Transaction Utility options
Сообщение: Re: Single-Transaction Utility options