Re: pg_restore should restore the schema comments and the database properties

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_restore should restore the schema comments and the database properties
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:48:31 am Daniel Migowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this discussion has already been made, but for us it is a real
> problem that database properties are not restored with pg_restore. For me,
> the comment on a database, as well as the properties like pg_search_path
> are part of the data of the database. They are even contained in the
> dumps, so please add a function to pg_restore to let me restore this data
> also. It is really annoying not to be able to just use DROP DATABASE,
> CREATE DATABASE and pg_restore to get exactly the same thing  you had
> before.

Just confirmed that the database comment was dumped and restored. This is on
Postgres 9.0.5. How are you doing the dump/restore procedure?.
To elaborate on my previous answer, search_path is in postgresql.conf because it
is tied to the database cluster not a particular database.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com