Re: Hope for a new PostgreSQL era?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Hope for a new PostgreSQL era?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 01:53:45PM +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> I wonder if the prioritisation could be done using nice - each backend is
> a separate process, so why not to do 'nice(10)' for low priority processes
> or something like that.

This won't work because if you are holding a lock on something someone
else needs, your low nice score is going to cause them problems.  It
could make things worse rather than better.  (This suggestion comes up
a lot, by the way, so there's been a lot of discussion of it
historically.)

--
Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca

Сообщение: Re: Hope for a new PostgreSQL era?
Сообщение: Re: Hope for a new PostgreSQL era?