Re: WIP: Collecting statistics on CSV file data

От David Fetter
Тема Re: WIP: Collecting statistics on CSV file data
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 08:09:44PM +0900, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm very sorry for the late reply.
>
> (2011/09/21 10:00), Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >Excerpts from David Fetter's message of mar sep 20 21:22:32 -0300 2011:

> >>How about a per-table setting that tells autovacuum whether to do
> >>this?
> >
> >Seems reasonable.  Have autovacuum assume that foreign tables are not to
> >be analyzed, unless some reloption is set.
>
> Thank you for the comments. I'd like to leave that feature for future work.

OK

> (But this is BTW. I'm interested in developing CREATE FOREIGN INDEX.
> I've examined whether there are discussions about the design and
> implementation of it in the archive, but could not find information.
> If you know anything, please tell me.)

Look into the "virtual index interface" from Informix.  We might want
to start a wiki page on this.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: libpq, PQdescribePrepared -> PQftype, PQfmod, no PQnullable
Сообщение: Re: libpq, PQdescribePrepared -> PQftype, PQfmod, no PQnullable