Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On m?n, 2011-10-03 at 15:09 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Why were people not using pg_ctl?
>
> Actually, a slight correction/addition here: The Debian init script does
> use pg_ctl to start the service.  Seems to work fine.

Yes.  The script authors discovered a working behavior, which matches my
research:
       pg_ctl start            specify config directory       pg_ctl -w start         impossible       pg_ctl restart
      impossible       pg_ctl stop             specify real data dir       pg_ctl -w stop          specify real data
dir      pg_ctl reload           specify real data dir

http://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories
Сообщение: Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories