Re: Switchover of Master and Slave roles

От Ray Stell
Тема Re: Switchover of Master and Slave roles
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 09:32:31AM -0700, A J wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to switch the master and slave roles in a test I am doing with
> streaming replication in 9.1 beta.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/warm-standby-failover.html

Once failover to the standby occurs, there is only a single server in
operation. This is known as a degenerate state. The former standby is
now the primary, but the former primary is down and might stay down. To
return to normal operation, a standby server must be recreated, either
on the former primary system when it comes up, or on a third, possibly
new, system. Once complete, the primary and standby can be considered
to have switched roles.