Re: Index fillfactor changed in pg9?

От Kenneth Marshall
Тема Re: Index fillfactor changed in pg9?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 01:46:03PM +0100, Glyn Astill wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Just testing some new hardware on 9.0.3 and have restored one of our dumps from 8.4.7.  What I'm seeing is although
tablesizes are the same, indexes are a lot bigger, approx 50%.

> I've done a search and so far can't find anything, but have default fillfactors changed? Or is it something else?
>
> Thanks
> Glyn

Given absolutely zero information, are both platforms the same
number of bits? 32-versus 64-bit? The alignment needs for 64-bit
could result in needing more space. Another alternative is that
the order of data insertion caused a bigger index. What happens
if you run a REINDEX on both DB's to the index sizes?

Regards,
Ken

От: "Anibal David Acosta"
Сообщение: Two way replication
От: Glyn Astill
Сообщение: Re: Index fillfactor changed in pg9?