Re: pg_clogs hanging around

От Kenneth Marshall
Тема Re: pg_clogs hanging around
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 07:56:26AM -0600, Scott Whitney wrote:

> > If you have hardware problems like that you have way more problems.
> > You could have corruption (silent) occurring in any of the other
> > database files. Good luck.
>
> I am, in fact, aware of that, but every single machine ever manufactured will have hardware problems such at this at
somepoint. It stems quite simply from Ohm's Law, one gross over-simplification of which is as simple as "if it's got a
resistorin it, it's going to fail at some point", as I'm sure you know. It's merely a matter of whether proactive
replacement,backups, standby systems, etc ameliorate that risk. When we had our failure a couple of years ago, it did
not.

> Regardless, my question still stands, and I do, in fact, care about ANY database blocking cleanup of clogs (or
anythingelse). There's this concept of "if this then what else," and if template0 (or anyone else) is blocking that
abilityto properly clean those up, what else is possibly screwed up in a similar fashion.

> So, what can I do to resolve this issue?

True, entropy rules. I think that you can use "VACUUM FREEZE"
to allow the clogs to be cleaned up.

Cheers,
Ken