pgpool authenticatin issues

От Mark Steben
Тема pgpool authenticatin issues
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,

I am running postgresql 8.3.11 and pgpool II 3.0

I am trying to get pg_pool to run on a development server.  Any userid defined with ‘trust’ level

Access works fine, but having issues with ids defined with md5 level therefore requiring a password.

Reading the pgpool doc (http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/pgpool-II/doc/)

I see that in order to enable md5 access I need to use the pg_md5 function to initialize the /usr/local/etc/pool_passwd file:

Login as DB user and type "pg_md5 --md5auth " user name and md5 encrypted password is registered

  into pool_passwd. If pool_passwd does not exist yet, pg_md5 command will automatically create it for you

I have set my postgres database password as ‘steben’

I bolden my comments here simply for clarity.

My attempt to follow the directions above results in:

[postgres@festiva data]$ pg_md5 --md5auth

Usage:

  pg_md5 [OPTIONS]

  pg_md5 <PASSWORD>

  --prompt, -p    Prompt password using standard input.

  --md5auth, -m   Produce md5 authentication password.

  --help, -h      This help menu.

Warning: At most 32 characters are allowed for input.

Warning: Plain password argument is deprecated for security concerns

         and kept for compatibility. Please prefer using password

         prompt.

So I try putting my password in first:

pg_md5 steben --md5auth

2011-02-08 16:33:44 DEBUG: pid 27217: num_backends: 0 total_weight: 0.000000

This gives the following result:

[postgres@festiva etc]$ less pool_passwd

postgres:md553b0e3d546770470d94e0e0bb3b5d24f

But when I use the –p switch on pg_md5 I get a different result:

[postgres@festiva etc]$ pg_md5 -p

password: (I enter “steben” here)

67800ffdc09d3badf5a3e8a4fd728952

Could you shed any light as to what I’m doing wrong?  Thank you,

Mark Steben
Database Administrator
@utoRevenue  |  Autobase  |  AVV
The CRM division of Dominion Dealer Solutions

Вложения