Re: Change to documentation headers

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Change to documentation headers
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On ons, 2011-02-02 at 20:13 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Peter, based on feedback we have received, I think our users want our
> > docs header to look the same as our docs footer, i.e. few people see
> > the value of Fast Forward and Fast Backward, and they want "Up" to be in
> > the header.  You seem to have done all the substantive changes to
> > stylesheet.dsl --- would you make these changes?  Thanks.
>
> I'll look into it.
>
> Taking the same layout for the header navigation as for the footer
> navigation is not a problem.  But the top also shows the current chapter
> title.  Note sure if we want to lose that or show it somewhere
> different.

Thanks.  I studied stylesheet.dsl but was unable to understand how to
modify it.

Looking at the 9.0 docs now:

    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/tutorial-fk.html

I do like the chapter title there.

Looking at "Home", we actually have two of them.  The "Home" at the top
left of the page links to the PG homepage, while the "Home" at the
bottom goes to the top of the 9.0 documentation.  That seems odd.  Maybe
we need to remove the "Home" at the bottom, or rename it.

You could get away with changing "Fast Backward" to "Up" and removing
"Fast Forward".