Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences

От: Bruce Momjian
Тема: Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (A B, )
 Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Thom Brown, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Thom Brown, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (A B, )
 Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Guillaume Cottenceau, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Marti Raudsepp, )
   Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Guillaume Cottenceau, )
 Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Szymon Guz, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (A B, )
   Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Marti Raudsepp, )
    Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Thom Brown, )
    Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Guillaume Cottenceau, )
     Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Jon Nelson, )
      Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Robert Haas, )
       Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Andy Colson, )
        Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Robert Haas, )
   Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Craig Ringer, )
   Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  ("Lello, Nick", )
    Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Dimitri Fontaine, )
    Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Klaus Ita, )
 Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Craig Ringer, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (A B, )
 Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Mladen Gogala, )
 Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Chris Browne, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Fabrízio de Royes Mello, )
   Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Robert Haas, )
    Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Bruce Momjian, )
     Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Jeff Janes, )

Chris Browne wrote:
>  (A B) writes:
> > If you just wanted PostgreSQL to go as fast as possible WITHOUT any
> > care for your data (you accept 100% dataloss and datacorruption if any
> > error should occur), what settings should you use then?
>
> Use /dev/null.  It is web scale, and there are good tutorials.
>
> But seriously, there *are* cases where "blind speed" is of use.  When
> fall over, it may be pretty acceptable to start "from scratch" with
> mkfs/initdb.
>
> I'd:
> - turn off fsync
> - turn off synchronous commit
> - put as much as possible onto Ramdisk/tmpfs/similar as possible

FYI, we do have a documentation section about how to configure Postgres
for improved performance if you don't care about durability:

    http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/non-durability.html

--
  Bruce Momjian  <>        http://momjian.us