Re: Add support for logging the current role

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Add support for logging the current role
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> What you have just committed puts a syscache lookup into the elog output
> path.  Quite aside from the likely performance hit, this will
> malfunction badly in any case where we're trying to log from an aborted
> transaction.

Attached is my (admittedly horrible) attempt to add some comments to
elog.c regarding this issue.  Reviewing this, I'm not sure the
performance concern is really an issue (given that the user could choose
to enable it or not), but clearly the other issue is a concern.

Thanks,
Stephen

commit 4dcf23e007967892557b7b113a9229cb9fc4575d
Author: Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>
Date:   Wed Jan 12 12:22:16 2011 -0500
   Improve comments at the top of elog.c      Add in some comments about how certain usually available backend
systemsmay be unavailable or which won't function properly in   elog.c due to the current transaction being in a failed
state.