Re: Space occupied by Postgres index.

От Kenneth Marshall
Тема Re: Space occupied by Postgres index.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
A regular vacuum will free space reclaimed at the end of a table.
In normal use, your optimum space consumption is that needed to
hold the current table data plus the space needed to hold the
old deleted or modified data until a regular vacuum can make it
available for reuse. In addition, using HOT updates with table
fillfactor < 100, can greatly reduce table fragmentation and
bloating.

Cheers,
Ken

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 11:12:23PM +0530, Shridhar Polas wrote:
> Thanks for a quick response Ken.
>
> One more query:-
>
> If I do not perform VACUUM FULL and REINDEX, does Postgres reclaimed the
> space automatically when number of records in tables reduce after touching
> some limit? I mean the total disk space consumed by Postgres would ever be
> decline at any point without performing VACUUM FULL and REINDEX?
>
> In my test setup I found that the disk space consumed by Postgers is not
> getting declined even after deleting records from tables, if I do not
> perform VACUUM FULL and REINDEX.
>
> Thanks again
> Shridhar

Сообщение: Re: Space occupied by Postgres index.
Сообщение: Re: Space occupied by Postgres index.