Re: Could not open relation with OID (table partitioning issue?)

От peter@vfemail.net
Тема Re: Could not open relation with OID (table partitioning issue?)
Дата
Re: Could not open relation with OID (table partitioning issue?)  (bakkiya <bakkiya@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-novice
At 09:22 AM 11/15/2010, mark wrote:
>Hi all
>
>Running Postgres 8.3.7
>
>Are there any known issues with table partitioning and transactions having a child partition getting removed out from
underrunning queries?

>I got an error in my log about not being able to open a relation with OID XXXXX from a SELECT statement that ran about
thesame time that a cron job may have removed some of the older table partitions. (that may or may not have been
visibleto select query)

>Right now I have been checking but I can’t find anything wrong with the database so it doesn’t look like I have any db
corruptionissues or the like currently.  there is some hate in the logs about it for a while and then the database was
restarted.

>My best guess is that a the clean up of old partitions yanked a table out from view…. Kind of like when you run a \d
atthe same time a table is dropped.

>Thoughts? Comments? Ideas ?

I started seeing these frightening messages a couple of months ago:

   pg_dump: ERROR:  could not open relation with OID 2196359751
   pg_dump: SQL command to dump the contents of table "xyz" failed: PQendcopy() failed.
   pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  could not open relation with OID 2196359751
   pg_dump: The command was: COPY public.xyz ({various_field_names}) TO stdout;

and the error was causing a daily database backup routine to fail.  Because the problem was too far beyond my ability
tosolve, I hired Frank Heikens at http://nl.linkedin.com/pub/frank-heikens/0/190/517 and he got everything back to
normalin a day or two.  Mr. Heikens isolated the one corrupted data record, created a new table, and replaced the
flawedtable with the new table.  I have nothing but compliments for Mr. Heikens' knowledge, professionalism, speed,
accuracy,caution, communication, and wizardry.

This message sent via VFEmail.net
http://www.vfemail.net
$14.95 Lifetime accounts - 1GB disk, No bandwidth quotas!

От: "mark"
Сообщение: Could not open relation with OID (table partitioning issue?)
От: Jasen Betts
Сообщение: Re: Howto read a UTF-8 CSV with COPY?